Apprentice (Level 3): Nursery
NPTC Group of Colleges
Location: Neath College
Hours: 37 hours per week, may include early mornings, evenings and weekends
Basis: Full-time, fixed term until completion of the Apprenticeship Framework, including QCF (previously known as NVQ) and Essential Skills. The maximum duration for each QCF level is 66 weeks.
Salary: £9,802 per annum or subject to provisions of National Minimum Wage (if applicable)
How to apply:
For further details or to apply online please access www.nptcgroup.ac.uk.
Alternatively, email [email protected]
To assist with various duties including the welfare and care of children and the planning of activities within the Day Nursery.
- To be responsible to the Senior Officer: Nursery/Deputy Nursery Officers on a day to day basis for the planning of activities and care of children within the Day Nursery;
- To assist the Senior Officer: Nursery/Deputy Nursery Officers/staff in various duties including the welfare of children in normal and emergency situations;
- To report any safeguarding concerns to your Senior Officer: Nursery and Deputy Nursery Officers, such as signs of abuse;
- To administer First Aid, under supervision, as appropriate.
- To learn about and implement the Children’s Act and Health and Hygiene Regulations;
- To transport children to and from school on a daily basis during term time;
- To carry out cleaning procedures in the Nursery, in accordance with Health and Safety e.g. cleaning of toilets, cleaning of carpets and cleaning of Nursery equipment and toys;
- To learn to create a warm, stimulating and attractive environment within the Nursery;
- To assist the Senior Officer: Nursery/Deputy Nursery Officers in the organisation of activities to promote a healthy, safe and stimulating nursery environment;
- To assist in providing a service of the highest quality to children and carers;
- To assist the Senior Officer: Nursery/Deputy Nursery Officers in ensuring the day to day operation of the Nursery complies with legislation, e.g. Children Act, Health and Safety Act, Environmental Health and CIW guidelines;
- To work flexibly within the Neath Port Talbot Nursery Service;
- To adhere to all College and Nursery policies and procedures.
Skills & attributes:
The successful candidate must be willing to undertake a Level 3 qualification in Childcare (training will be provided). Candidates must hold a Level 2 Diploma in Children’s Care Learning and Development (or equivalent) and level 2 qualifications in both Maths and English (GCSE or equivalent). A certificate in First Aid would be advantageous although training will be provided.