Assessor/Advisor: Health and Social Care
NPTC Group of Colleges
Location: Neath College
Hours: 37 hours per week, may include early mornings, evenings and weekends
Basis: Full time, permanent.
Salary: Scale 6, Points 29 – 31, £30,457 - £31,998 per annum.
How to apply:
For further details or to apply online please access www.nptcgroup.ac.uk.
Alternatively, email [email protected]
To deliver occupational knowledge and carry out work place assessment to meet the requirements of the Health and Social Care apprenticeship programme.
- To work closely with External Agencies to receive and generate referrals from eligible applicants;
- To assess learner needs and plan a programme of delivery which meet their individual requirements;
- To liaise with local employers to secure employment opportunities;
- To carry out an effective induction programme for all learners;
- To complete digital administrative documentation in line with the programme specifications eg. referral, start and leaver documentation, initial assessment records, individual learning plans, attainment and job outcomes, LifeLong Learning Wales Records, awarding body registration, examination entries and certification and attendance records etc;
- To deliver occupational knowledge to support the delivery of the Health and Social Care core qualification and practical assessments up to and including Level 5;
- To carry out work place assessments both digitally and on site including obtaining witness testimonies and oral testing of underpinning knowledge and ensure learners are set SMART targets;
- To monitor and review the progress of the learner in line with contractual requirements and track progress against achievement of the apprenticeship framework on a digital platform;
- To assess and provide constructive feedback on assignments and course work;
- To support learners with the preparation of an e-portfolio of evidence (arranging format, cross referencing etc) using a digital platform;
- To play an active role in internal moderation/verification;
- To liaise with Awarding Bodies through Internal Quality Assurers and External Quality Assurers where appropriate;
- To contribute to the development of the curriculum and qualifications;
- To support the learner in the achievement of Essential Skills Wales;
- To be responsible for programme performance and to deliver high attainment levels whilst ensuring contractual targets are met;
- To undertake the Health and Safety vetting of employer/work placements prior to the commencement of the learning programme where required;
- To carry out the monitoring of health and safety to ensure the safety and welfare of all learners;
- To monitor all learner attendances and ensure supporting evidence is available for audit purposes;
- To assist in the promotion of employment rights and responsibilities;
- To ensure effective file management in accordance with financial and quality requirements;
- To maintain and update knowledge of appropriate awarding body units at all levels;
- To effectively market provision to meet the needs of learners and employers to maximise contractual targets;
- To attend regular team and standardisation meetings;
- To keep abreast of changes in provision as directed by the Welsh Government and any other relevant external agencies.
Skills & attributes:
You will need to hold a Level 5 qualification in relevant discipline and have the relevant experience along with level 2 qualifications in Maths and English and be IT Literate to level 2. Candidates must hold Assessor Awards and Verifier Awards.