Buyer (6 months fixed term)
SPTS Technologies Ltd
Hours: 37.65 hours per week
Basis: Full time (fixed term)
How to apply:
Please apply via the link: HERE
We are responsible for the design, development, and manufacturing of high-tech capital equipment for the semiconductor and related global markets. Our Purchasing Team supports our Departments by ensuring materials, supplies and equipment are purchased in a timely and cost-effective manner
Purpose of the role
This role represents an excellent opportunity for a Buyer who is looking to gain experience in a fast-growing, award-winning, global semiconductor company!
Working alongside our existing Procurement Team, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing best practice methodology across all Supply Chain functions.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include carrying out and assisting in the following responsibilities:
- Developing and evaluating new suppliers and building on our continued good relationships with our current suppliers
- Contributing constructively to the work of project teams for new product introduction and outsourcing processes.
- Involvement in inventory, cost reduction, lead time reduction, logistic, indirect spend and global supply chain initiatives
- Summarising results in written report or presentation formats
- Developing and understanding key SPTS purchasing processes
Skills & attributes:
SPTS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. For this role we are looking for someone who:
- Demonstrates key expediting capability.
- Can demonstrate excellent problem solving and trouble-shooting abilities
- Has a proven understanding of MRP
- Can demonstrate excellent written and presentational skills, with the ability to clearly communicate at all levels.
- Has strong relationship building skills
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail
- Is organised and able to prioritise their own workload
- Is enthusiastic with an ability to learn
- Meets all challenges in an efficient and effective manager with a proactive and can-do approach
- Demonstrates strong IT skills across all Microsoft Office Packages
- You will ideally have a degree in a Supply Chain or Logistics Management category although this isn’t essential
- CIPS Accreditation is desirable but not essential.
- Full on-the-job training can be given, and the candidate will learn by experience while carrying out his or her duties.
What we will offer you?
SPTS’s benefits package includes:
Annual leave starting at 25 days (plus bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, cash health plan, cycle to work scheme, global bonus plan, share scheme, rewards scheme, life assurance.