Electronics Production Engineer
SPTS Technologies Ltd
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Basis: Full time
How to apply:
Please apply via the link: HERE
SPTS Technologies, a KLA company, designs, manufactures and markets wafer processing solutions for the global semiconductor and related industries. SPTS provides industry leading etch and deposition process technologies on a range of single wafer handling platforms. End-market applications include micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), advanced packaging, LED, high speed RF device IC’s and power semiconductors. SPTS is part of KLA Corporation which develops industry-leading equipment and services that enable innovation throughout the electronics industry. We provide advanced process control and process-enabling solutions for manufacturing wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. In close collaboration with leading customers across the globe, our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers design solutions that move the world forward.
SPTS wafer processing solutions include market-leading silicon etch, dielectric etch, dry-release etch, PVD, PECVD and molecular vapor deposition (MVD®), available with a range of wafer-handling options applicable to R&D, pilot production, or volume production environments. SPTS is headquartered and has its main manufacturing facility in Newport, UK, with additional manufacturing in Allentown, Pennsylvania. SPTS operates across 19 countries in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific, and offers comprehensive service and spare parts support through a worldwide network of service centers and qualified local agents.
Purpose of the role
This role represents an excellent opportunity for an Engineer who is looking to establish a career in a fast-growing, award-winning, global semiconductor company with a clearly defined career development path.
This is an exciting opportunity in a newly created role within our Production Engineering team and the role will be focused on developing Test equipment by designing, building, documenting, and delivering test equipment to our Manufacturing team and suppliers. Our Production Engineer will be involved in Lean Manufacturing projects, and New Product Introduction activities
Your date to day responsibilities will include:
· Supporting design activities and the introduction of new products by developing the relevant test equipment, software and procedures.
· Providing Supply Chain Technical Support, dealing with component obsolescence and test issues in a prompt manner.
· Running projects to solve known issues working with all stakeholders across our Operations and Engineering Teams
· Carrying out risk assessment of manufacturing assembly and test processes, ensuring all environmental, health and safety standards are adhered to.
· Mentoring and developing junior Engineers
· Reviewing relevant Engineering Change Orders to validate the quality of the assembly information before release into the supply chain
· Creating and maintaining 2D drawings with AutoCAD in conjunction with Enovia PLM
· Reviewing and approving datasheets and naming conventions for new catalogue components in-line with company standards, to maintain compliance and traceability
· Reviewing and amending drawings, assembly instructions and BOM structures to support suppliers in the manufacture of electrical/electronic sub-assemblies
· Creating, monitoring, and improving against a backdrop of KPI’s aligned to internal and external customer requirements
Skills & attributes:
SPTS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. For this role we are looking for someone who:
· Has proven experience in an Electronic Engineering role
· Is familiar with AutoCad Electrical with a working knowledge of 3D CAD Solid Edge/Works would being an advantage
· Can demonstrate excellent written and presentational skills, with the ability to clearly communicate complex issues at all levels.
· Demonstrates excellent attention to detail
· Is organised and able to prioritise their own workload
· Has experience within the electronic industry, desirably capital equipment
· Is enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
· Demonstrates determination, perseverance, and a desire to take ownership of any issue.
· Has an understanding IPC/WHMA-A-620 for wiring and harness assemblies and IPC A-610H for electrical assembly. This would be advantageous but not essential.
· Understands manufacturing box build processes including hard wiring, I/O, PCB and PLC’s etc
· Can demonstrate strong IT Skills and experience of PLM, ERP and MES systems being preferred with experience of using Microsoft Office applications being essential
Degree / HNC in Electronic Engineering or equivalent qualification is desirable OR a Degree / HNC in Electrical Engineering with substantial experience gained within the electronics industry
What we will offer you?
SPTS’s benefits package includes:
Annual leave starting at 25 days (plus bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, cash health plan, cycle to work scheme, global bonus plan, share scheme, rewards scheme, life assurance.