European Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor
SPTS Technologies Ltd
Hours: 37.5 hours
Basis: Full time
How to apply:
Please apply via the link: HERE
SPTS Technologies, a KLA company, designs, manufactures and markets wafer processing solutions for the global semiconductor and related industries. SPTS provides industry leading etch and deposition process technologies on a range of single wafer handling platforms. End-market applications include micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), advanced packaging, LED, high speed RF device IC’s and power semiconductors.
SPTS is part of KLA Corporation which develops industry-leading equipment and services that enable innovation throughout the electronics industry. We provide advanced process control and process-enabling solutions for manufacturing wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. In close collaboration with leading customers across the globe, our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers design solutions that move the world forward.
SPTS wafer processing solutions include market-leading silicon etch, dielectric etch, dry-release etch, PVD, PECVD and molecular vapor deposition (MVD®), available with a range of wafer-handling options applicable to R&D, pilot production, or volume production environments. SPTS is headquartered and has its main manufacturing facility in Newport, UK, with additional manufacturing in Allentown, Pennsylvania. SPTS operates across 19 countries in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific, and offers comprehensive service and spare parts support through a worldwide network of service centers and qualified local agents.
KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing industry. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us!
KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research, and development. KLA focuses heavily on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D.
Our teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting because every day we solve problems for our customers. There is never a dull moment with us!
Job Description Summary:
EHS performance is core to KLA’s Mission, and we are seeking to continue to support recent internal changes by further standardising and improving Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) policies and practices within the European region.
This role will provide support for EHS regulatory compliance, conformance to industry standards and a continued reduction in workplace risks across KLA sites. The successful candidate will assist in developing, supporting, and executing EHS policies, programmes, and audit protocols in the R&D, manufacturing, and customer support offices, as well as in storage locations.
Working closely with the existing regional EHS and Facilities teams and reporting directly to the EHS regional director, your primary responsibility will be to support all aspects of EHS policy and practice.
Activities will include reviewing current procedures, supporting site teams, and ensuring all documentation is accurately recorded to fulfil EHS obligations and ISO standard requirements.
Additional responsibilities will include maintenance of EHS documentation for external audit purposes as well as other EHS improvement projects and continual development works.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
• Assisting with the implementation EHS procedures and policies in alignment with the business needs.
• Championing the EHS vision of the regional EHS team and ensure that this is aligned with (and supports the needs of) individual sites.
• Working within approved budget and report against forecasts.
• Creating new policies and procedures in the areas of laser and X-ray safety, chemical safety, ergonomics, illness, and injury prevention, building and fire safety and specific activity / task safety.
• Ensuring performance of EHS programs in compliance with regulatory requirements (i.e. applicable ISO standards).
• Coordinating and implementing EHS training
• Conducting risk assessments at sites and locations, drafting, and leading an implementation of recommendations.
• Collecting EHS data and providing reports to regional EHS leadership, including for critical metrics and performance against key initiatives.
• Serving as a point of contact for EHS related issues and inquiries
• Supporting sites in their visitor policies.
• Influence worker safety and work behaviours to align with safety culture
Skills & attributes:
Qualifications and Experience
• Candidates will ideally either be NEBOSH & IEMA qualified (or equivalent) with experience in this sector.
• Have – or be working towards – a degree in Health & Safety, Environmental or equivalent area.
• It would be preferred if applicants had practical experience of general health & safety procedures, contractor management, risk assessment and audit processes.
• Experience from within the semiconductor, Electronics or Pharmaceutical industry will be of preference.
• Experience in regional (EU) regulatory requirements for Health, Safety and Environmental performance within electronics and manufacturing industries
• Experience with ISO14001 and 45001 systems would be a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office, in particular Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to travel up to 30% of the time, across the EU
What we will offer you?
SPTS’s benefits package includes:
Annual leave starting at 25 days (plus bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, cash health plan, cycle to work scheme, global bonus plan, share scheme, rewards scheme, life assurance