NPTC Group of Colleges
Location: Afan College
Hours: 37 hours per week, may include early mornings, evenings and weekends
Basis: Full time, permanent
Salary: Scale 5, Points 25-28, £24,242 - £26,303 per annum.
How to apply:
For further details or to apply online please access www.nptcgroup.ac.uk.
Alternatively, email [email protected]
You will be instructing our students, providing technical support and preparing materials as required in the relevant workshops.
- To deliver the practical activities associated with the range of qualifications within the programme area of Electrical Engineering/Installation levels 1, 2 and 3;
- To assist in the co-ordination and management of the relevant practical activities;
- To promote and develop Essential Skills Wales in the associated practical activities;
- To assist in the development of the practical aspects of the curriculum;
- To work effectively with course teams;
- To liaise with colleagues in the management of resources;
- To assess and verify learners’ practical projects and coursework;
- To monitor and provide reports on learner progress as required;
- To demonstrate commitment towards pastoral care and academic progress of learners and provide appropriate guidance for progression;
- To attend regular meetings as required e.g. School, course team, Quality, learner reviews, parents’ evening and INSET events;
- To complete administrative procedures as required e.g. Class registers, statistical returns, examination entries;
- To assist in organising appropriate educational visits and events as required;
- To assist in marketing, recruitment and enrolment;
- To assist in internal moderation/verification and Quality issues;
- To liaise with colleagues and external organisations as required;
Skills & attributes:
You will need to hold a Level 3 NVQ in subject area and have the relevant industrial knowledge along with level 2 qualifications in Maths and English and be IT Literate to level 2.