MRP Project Manager
The Safety Letterbox Company
Hours: 40 hours – 1 year contract
Basis: Full time
Salary: Based on Experience
How to apply:
Please send your CV. to Hannah Lewis (HR Manager) [email protected]
At a crucial stage on our growth plan, SLB are implementing many aspects of Continuous Improvement via Industry 4.
This includes a new MRP system. We are looking for a Project Manager to take the creation of a new MRP through from its creation, implementation and deliver it as a fully functioning and highly effective backbone of the business.
As part of a European Group there are considerations of the UK and Group wide activity to incorporate and multiple elements to consider.
To be successful in this role, you should be a hands-on proactive solution provider who is happy to meticulously work through the project at all levels. A strong understanding of all elements of the MRP creation and a can-do proactive attitude to deliver the very best effective solution for the company.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure the best possible efficient and lean system to bring benefits to all departments and to significantly impact on the company profitability and control.
You will be required to co-ordinate and collaborate with all departments and understand existing systems within SLB and within the Group, understand the strengths, opportunities and challenges and with a positive and problem solving mindset, to lead the team through the successful integration of the new system.
As part of this you will be expected to monitor, measure and report the progress and ensure the project is delivered on time. A high degree of work ethic and passion for the task must be demonstrated as the Company operatives in a very driven and proactive environment.
A high standard of administration and data control is required with a professional and positive approach.
As part of this crucial role to deliver the very best solution in this innovative and niche business, your skills and experience should be felt by all departments to ensure best practice is achieved and it will be an opportunity to make a significant mark on an established and respected business.
handling capacity or the purchase of new systems.
Strong presentation and communication skills are important with an ability to lead and engage others to deliver the project.
It is an opportunity to make a real difference within an SME, providing a fundamental platform and therefore enabling best practice to support the Growth plan.
• Understanding of manufacturing processes
• MRP thorough knowledge of process and implementations and outcomes
• Efficient implementation of new MRP including all sub work to prepare data for entry
• Effective system with desired outcomes for all departments
• Communication and presentation of project delivery
Skills & attributes:
• Systems and processes qualifications
• Project management qualifications
• Industry 4.0 understanding and training
• Manufacturing experience
• Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases and drawing packages
• Strong through understanding of MRP
• Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
• Presentation skills – virtual and face to face.
• Multi-tasking abilities.
• Customer-oriented and cool-tempered.
• Familiarity with both PC Hardware and Software.
• Experience with Microsoft packages including excel and powerpoint.
• Self-motivated and innovative with a ‘can do’ attitude.
• German speaking advantageous, but not essential