NPTC Group of Colleges
Location: Neath College
Hours: 20 hours per week, may include early mornings, evenings and weekends
Basis: Part time, permanent
Salary: Scale 1, Point 14, £21,030 per annum (pro rata) equivalent to £11,367 per annum
How to apply:
For further details or to apply online please access www.nptcgroup.ac.uk.
Alternatively, email [email protected]
You will work together with the Senior Officer: Nursery and Nursery Officer/Deputy Nursery Officer to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the Nursery, including the welfare and care of the children and the planning of activities within the Day Nursery.
- To assist the Senior Officer: Nursery, Deputy Nursery Officers on a day to day basis for the planning of activities and care of the children within the Day Nursery;
- To act as the delegated person in charge in the event of short term absence of the Senior Officer: Nursery and Deputy Nursery Officers;
- To report any safeguarding concerns to your Senior Officer: Nursery and Deputy Nursery Officers, such as signs of abuse;
- To assist the Senior Officer: Nursery/Deputy Nursery Officers in the collection, recording and banking of Nursery fees, the efficient use of staff and resources and all pertinent and administrative duties for the financial operation of the Nursery;
- To assist the Senior Officer: Nursery/Deputy Nursery Officers in ensuring the day to day operation of the Nursery complies with legislation e.g. Children Act, Health and Safety Act, Environmental Health and C.I.W guidelines;
- To transport children to and from school on a daily basis during term time with the use of own vehicle;
- To carry out cleaning procedures in the nursery, in accordance with Health & Safety e.g. cleaning of toilets, cleaning of carpets and cleaning of Nursery equipment and toys;
- To administer First Aid and respond to emergency situations as appropriate;
- To administer medication as appropriate;
- To assist the Senior Officer: Nursery, Deputy Nursery Officers in the organisation of activities to promote a healthy, safe and stimulating nursery environment;
- To assist the Senior Officer: Nursery and Deputy Nursery Officers with the assessment of children’s development and the planning and implementation of their care plans;
- To assist the Senior Officer: Nursery, Deputy Nursery Officers with the supervision and training of the students/trainees within the Nursery;
- To provide a service of the highest quality to children and carers;
- To complete the administration tasks and retain accurate records as required;
- To work flexibly within the Neath Port Talbot Nursery Service;
- To carry out such training, re-training and updating as may be necessary to fulfill the requirements of the post;
- To adhere to all College Nursery policies and procedures.
Skills & attributes:
You will need to possess a Diploma Level 3 or above in Children’s Care Learning and Development (or equivalent). Experience of working in a childcare environment is essential and candidates must hold a clean valid driving license.