Principal Process Engineer
SPTS Technologies Ltd
Hours: 37.5 hours
Basis: Full time
How to apply:
Please apply via the link: HERE
SPTS Technologies, a KLA company, designs, manufactures and markets wafer processing solutions for the global semiconductor and related industries. SPTS provides industry leading etch and deposition process technologies on a range of single wafer handling platforms. End-market applications include micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), advanced packaging, LED, high speed RF device IC’s and power semiconductors. SPTS is part of KLA Corporation which develops industry-leading equipment and services that enable innovation throughout the electronics industry. We provide advanced process control and process-enabling solutions for manufacturing wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. In close collaboration with leading customers across the globe, our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers design solutions that move the world forward.
SPTS wafer processing solutions include market-leading silicon etch, dielectric etch, dry-release etch, PVD, PECVD and molecular vapor deposition (MVD®), available with a range of wafer-handling options applicable to R&D, pilot production, or volume production environments. SPTS is headquartered and has its main manufacturing facility in Newport, UK, with additional manufacturing in Allentown, Pennsylvania. SPTS operates across 19 countries in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific, and offers comprehensive service and spare parts support through a worldwide network of service centers and qualified local agents.
Primary Purpose of Role
We’re recruiting a Process Engineer to join our new ECD process development team and work on the development of advanced plating processes on our new hardware platform!
Working on a large range of materials and applications you’ll be developing new hardware and process recipes to meet market requirements, writing technical reports for both internal and external use, writing and reviewing process specifications, generating IP submissions and supporting other business units. In addition, the role will include supervision and mentoring of junior engineers. You will be supporting both SPTS field teams and other members of the Team on application development and process tuning.
The Engineer in this position will have the opportunity to take on some Project Management tasks, coordinating with other engineering teams with the opportunity for some international travel.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
• The developing of ECD processes to meet the technology roadmap targets and our customer requirements
• Working closely with our Hardware Design Engineers to establish new hardware specifications.
• Critiquing existing hardware through process trials and recommending changes to design colleagues.
• Designing of experiments and the assessment of results using analytical equipment and the appropriate software packages
• Undertaking problem-solving and troubleshooting
• Providing regular updates to our Management Team on the progress of development work
• Summarising results in a written report or presentation
• Planning work and executing plans in a safe and timely manner
• Contributing constructively to the work of project teams for new products and processes
• Researching into published work relevant to SPTS’ process development
• Preparing patent applications and technical papers for publication at conferences, seminars etc.
• Communicating results and ideas to relevant co-workers
Skills & attributes:
SPTS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer! For this role we are looking for someone with:
· Knowledge and/or experience of semiconductor processes; preferably those involving wet reagents.
· An ability to design experiments and analyse data and determine solutions to complex problems
· Good analytical skills including carrying out SEM metrology
· Good oral and written communication skills
· The ability to work both autonomously and as part of a small team
Degree or above in science or engineering discipline
What we will offer you?
SPTS’s benefits package includes:
Annual leave starting at 25 days (plus bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, cash health plan, cycle to work scheme, global bonus plan, share scheme, rewards scheme, life assurance