Project Buyer (6 months fixed term)
SPTS Technologies Ltd
Hours: 37.65 hours per week
Basis: Full time (fixed term)
How to apply:
Please apply via the link: HERE
We are responsible for the design, development, and manufacturing of high-tech capital equipment for the semiconductor and related global markets. Our Purchasing Team supports our Departments by ensuring materials, supplies and equipment are purchased in a timely and cost-effective manner
Purpose of the role
This role represents an excellent opportunity for a Buyer who is looking to gain experience in an award-winning, global semiconductor company!
Working alongside our existing Procurement Team, you will be focused on providing methodology across all Supply Chain functions and work closely with a new product introduction team
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Contributing constructively to the work of project teams for our new product introduction and outsourcing processes
- Handling critical key OEM accounts
- Developing initiatives including cost reduction, Inventory reduction, lead time reduction, logistics, global supply chain
- Providing key partner management and reporting
- Creating new suppliers and continuing good relationships with our current suppliers.
- Summarising results by providing written reports and presentations as required
- Developing and understanding supply chain legal documents
- Liaising closely with Engineers (both Mechanical and Electrical) to support design to release to suppliers for manufacture
- Developing continuous improvements in Supply Chain initiatives
- Project managing timescales and reporting accordingly
- Developing and understanding key SPTS purchasing processes
Skills & attributes:
SPTS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. For this role we are looking for someone who:
- Has proven previous experience in key project management.
- Demonstrates key expediting capability.
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving and trouble-shooting abilities
- Has a proven understanding of MRP with experience gained in the use of Oracle or similar ERP systems
- Can demonstrate excellent written and presentational skills, with the ability to clearly communicate at all levels.
- Has strong relationship building skills
- Meets all challenges in an efficient and effective manager with a proactive and can-do approach
- Demonstrates strong IT skills across all Microsoft Office Packages
- Will thrive in an environment which involves regular change which can on occasion be challenging and hectic.
- Is comfortable with possible occasional international travel
- You will ideally have a degree in a Supply Chain or Logistics Management category or have gained equivalent experience
- CIPS Accreditation is desirable but not essential.
What we will offer you?
SPTS’s benefits package includes:
Annual leave starting at 25 days (plus bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, cash health plan, cycle to work scheme, global bonus plan, share scheme, rewards scheme, life assurance.