Quality Manager (Europe)
SPTS Technologies Ltd
Location: Dresden, Germany
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Basis: Full time
How to apply:
Please apply via the link: HERE
We are SPTS – a fast growing, award-winning, global semiconductor company with a clearly defined career development path! We design, develop, and manufacture high-tech capital equipment for the semiconductor and related global markets.
Purpose of the role
This role represents an excellent opportunity for a Quality Professional who is looking to develop a role to be considered the principal quality figurehead across our sites in Europe.
The role will be focused on developing long-term supplier relationships and processes with the goal of preventing repeat issues and driving up customer satisfaction. Our Teams work to resolve any supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure continuity of supply to our valued Customers
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Strategically leading performance improvement projects to increase the company’s capability to meet our customers current and future requirements
- Establishing specific short / long term quality goals to deliver improvements for our customers
- Taking the quality lead on faults reported against installed systems at customer sites and then working with our Operations team, Engineering team and our suppliers to prevent reoccurrence
- Communicating engineering and manufacturing issues back to those teams in detail, identifying root cause and collating data
- Actively managing customer communication, internal departments, and suppliers to ensure there are no regressions with the implementation of new processes and improvements
- Travelling to customer locations to resolve quality problems (usually 1-2 times per month), with some international travel involved.
- Managing Quick Response Quality Control (QRQC) events in dealing with customer quality critical issues, and initiating, recommending, and providing solutions through designated channels
- Drafting of 8D reports for customers communicating back corrective and preventative actions
- Chairing regular customer review meetings
Skills & attributes:
SPTS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. For this role we are looking for someone who:
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills, and is effective at dealing with customers both to resolve their issues and in being able to challenge them in how they are using SPTS equipment
- Works well within diverse groups of people
- Has strong problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Can read and understand mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and fluid technical drawings
- Is knowledgeable in ISO 9001 and Six Sigma
- Has related experience in a customer facing quality role ideally within the semiconductor sector
- Has experience of ERP and MES systems (preferred but not essential)
- Is experienced in 8D, Lean, 5 Why’s, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma, FMEA. This is advantageous
- Can communicate well (both verbally and in writing) in English and ideally German language
- Has strong IT Skills including Excel and PowerPoint
- You will ideally be ISO 9001 Auditor qualified but this is not essential
- Ideally degree qualified in an electrical engineering or manufacturing subject or equivalent qualification OR extensive experience in a quality role in the semiconductor field
What we will offer you?
Your benefits package will be highly attractive, family friendly and competitive within the market!