Senior Process Engineer
SPTS Technologies Ltd
Hours: 37.5 hours
Basis: Full time
How to apply:
Please apply via the link: HERE
We are responsible for the design, development, and manufacturing of high-tech capital equipment for the semiconductor and related global markets. This role represents an excellent opportunity for a Senior Process Engineer to join our Research and Development (R&D) / Industry Customer Collaboration (ICC) team who collaborate with SPTS partners to develop and learn about new device fabrication requirements.
Purpose of the role
The primary responsibilities of this role will be to develop plasma etch & deposition processes and demonstrate SPTS process solutions on customer wafers. Reporting to our R&D Accounts Manager our Senior Process Engineer will work on Etch, CVD and PVD process modules generating new process recipes to meet our customer requirements.
Your date to day responsibilities will include:
Process Demonstrations and Joint Development Projects:
• Working with universities to support PhD and Post doc research projects, you will be involved in supervising students and academic staff to establish and develop long term working relationships.
• Carrying out effective customer facing project management and internal knowledge transfer to continue a strong focus on joint development activity with strategic partners.
• Demonstrating plasma etch/deposition processes within specifications
• Assessing results using analytical equipment and appropriate software packages
• Undertaking problem solving and troubleshooting involving hands-on equipment investigations
• Providing the Product Marketing department with regular updates on the progress of sample/demonstration work
• Representing SPTS at joint development project meetings
• Summarising results/new technologies in a written report or presentation
• Developing processes in line with SPTS products
• Utilising end-pointing techniques to enhance process control
• Contributing constructively to the work of project teams for new products and processes.
• Providing process specifications and Tender bid responses
• Writing technical reports for internal and external use
• Producing technical papers for publication at conferences, seminars etc
• Summarising key learning for wider teams within SPTS/EPC
• Generating IP submissions
• Supporting other business units when required
• Developing SPTS processes to meet the agreed specification at customer sites to ensure continued excellent customer relationships
This position will have the opportunity for international travel, to develop strong working relationships with consortia / R&D organizations in the US/Asia.
Skills & attributes:
SPTS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. For this role we are looking for someone who has:
• Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
• Good time management / multi-tasking skills to deliver results within defined timelines
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• An ability to work both autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• The ability to learn by experience building on knowledge gained while carrying out their duties.
Ideally, you’ll hold a BSC, Masters or PhD degree in either a Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science or Electronics/Semiconductor Engineering field. Alternatively, we invite candidates with extensive experience of working with plasma etch equipment on DRIE and Compound Semiconductor projects, to apply. Opportunities for continued development and learning will be provided!
What we will offer you?
SPTS’s benefits package includes:
Annual leave starting at 25 days (plus bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, cash health plan, cycle to work scheme, global bonus plan, share scheme, rewards scheme, and life assurance.
Closing date for applications: 21st May 2021