Software Development Engineer
SPTS Technologies Ltd
Hours: 37.5 hours
Basis: Full time
How to apply:
SPTS Technologies, a KLA company, designs, manufactures and markets wafer processing solutions for the global semiconductor and related industries. SPTS provides industry leading etch and deposition process technologies on a range of single wafer handling platforms. End-market applications include micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), advanced packaging, LED, high speed RF device IC’s and power semiconductors. SPTS is part of KLA Corporation which develops industry-leading equipment and services that enable innovation throughout the electronics industry. We provide advanced process control and process-enabling solutions for manufacturing wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. In close collaboration with leading customers across the globe, our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers design solutions that move the world forward.
SPTS wafer processing solutions include market-leading silicon etch, dielectric etch, dry-release etch, PVD, PECVD and molecular vapor deposition (MVD®), available with a range of wafer-handling options applicable to R&D, pilot production, or volume production environments. SPTS is headquartered and has its main manufacturing facility in Newport, UK, with additional manufacturing in Allentown, Pennsylvania. SPTS operates across 19 countries in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific, and offers comprehensive service and spare parts support through a worldwide network of service centers and qualified local agents.
Working within a team of 13 Software Developers and 2 Software Test Engineers within the Platform Engineering Group which is responsible for the development of substrate handling platforms and equipment control software solutions for the SPTS range of products. Playing a pivotal role in the Team this position is responsible for software development for process equipment and technologies.
Key responsibilities of the role will be:
• Developing industrial control software using C++ under Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Embedded within a multidisciplinary team.
• Accountable for writing, testing, and deploying high-quality / performance code
• Fully documenting work to include software design specifications, test plans and release notes.
• Testing software on suitable hardware within a multi-disciplinary team
• Ensuring all software meets required standards of performance, quality, safety, and security
Skills & attributes:
Experience, knowledge & qualifications required:
• An experienced Software Engineer / Senior Software Engineer with experience ideally gained in technical industry
• Degree qualified in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or related subject field
• Be up to date with software development methods and technologies
• Experienced in software design with the use of C++
• Previous experience of working in multi-disciplined project teams
• An appreciation of the full software development life cycle
• Excellent communication skills
• The ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team as necessary
• Resilient with the ability to respond to changing priorities
• Problem solving
• Logical thinking
• A high degree of flexibility
• Comfortable working collaboratively across the business to enable successful delivery of product