Student and Business Services Assistant
NPTC Group of Colleges
Location: Brecon College
Hours: 19 hours per week, may include early mornings, evenings and weekends
Basis: Part time, permanent.
Salary: Scale 2, Points 14-16, £21,030 - £22,094 per annum, pro rata. Equivalent to £10,799 - £11,345 per annum
How to apply:
For further details or to apply online please access www.nptcgroup.ac.uk.
Alternatively, email [email protected]
To provide students with support and guidance that includes finance, admission, retention, wellbeing and associated areas linked to learner support.
- To provide students with advice, guidance and signposting across a range of areas including, courses, personal, welfare, wellbeing and financial matters that impact on their learning;
- To contribute to a professional front line, confidential reception function for visitors staff and students and provide support, advice and guidance when required;
- To assist in the recruitment, application and enrolment of learners onto suitable courses, including accurately inputting enrolment data into the College Students Management Information System, and subsequent processing associated with student tracking and to ensure the appropriate paperwork is filed correctly;
- To undertake all administrative duties relating to student finance including EMA, WGLG and SSF ensuring that data is accurate and up to date and payment deadlines are met;
- To conduct and record financial transactions including cash handling;
- To liaise with and refer students to College staff and external partners including schools in matters relating to learner support;
- To communicate and liaise with departments across the college as appropriate;
- To provide administrative support in collaboration with other departments when required and deal with enquiries from internal and external clients;
- To participate in projects/events involving learners, learner support, learner representation and learner voice;
- To maintain and update computerised records and to facilitate production of accurate and timely reports, working with MIS and other college areas;
- To participate in all processes related to the transition and retention of learners;
- To maintain and update information and resources related to all aspects of learner support;
- To support students through the transition, admissions, enrolment and induction cycle including the co-ordination of confidential transition data;
- To administer the admissions and finance systems relating to Higher Education applications;
- To contribute to the planning and organisation of college promotional activities;
- To respond to changes and developments in relation to the provision of financial and welfare support for students to ensure learners receive accurate and appropriate information and guidance;
- To offer/actively promote a bi-lingual service;
- To support College/Outreach/Community events (day and evening) as necessary. Including arranging hospitality services as required;
Skills & attributes:
Our ideal candidate will have a Level 2 qualification (NVQ or equivalent) in relevant discipline and have relevant experience. You should also hold level 2 qualifications in English and Maths (GCSE or equivalent) and be IT literate to level 2 (with working knowledge of using MS Word and Excel). You should have the ability to communicate in Welsh at a basic level.