SPTS Technologies Ltd
Hours: 40 hours
Basis: Full time
How to apply:
Please apply via the link: HERE
SPTS Technologies, a KLA company, designs, manufactures and markets wafer processing solutions for the global semiconductor and related industries. SPTS provides industry leading etch and deposition process technologies on a range of single wafer handling platforms. End-market applications include micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), advanced packaging, LED, high speed RF device IC’s and power semiconductors. SPTS is part of KLA Corporation which develops industry-leading equipment and services that enable innovation throughout the electronics industry. We provide advanced process control and process-enabling solutions for manufacturing wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. In close collaboration with leading customers across the globe, our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers design solutions that move the world forward.
SPTS wafer processing solutions include market-leading silicon etch, dielectric etch, dry-release etch, PVD, PECVD and molecular vapor deposition (MVD®), available with a range of wafer-handling options applicable to R&D, pilot production, or volume production environments. SPTS is headquartered and has its main manufacturing facility in Newport, UK, with additional manufacturing in Allentown, Pennsylvania. SPTS operates across 19 countries in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific, and offers comprehensive service and spare parts support through a worldwide network of service centers and qualified local agents.
We design, develop, and manufacture high-tech capital equipment for the global semiconductor markets.
Our Test Engineers are a part of a team who ensure we meet the required quality standard across the full range of our SPTS single-wafer products and help the company meet our customers’ requirements and expectations!
Purpose of the role
As a Test Engineer you’ll be part of a team that handle, integrate and test modules to set test procedures, ensuring that our high standards are adhered to and any defects or quality issues are identified and rectified in real time.
Your date to day responsibilities will include:
• Installation of modular semi-conductor equipment or fully integrated systems.
• Testing of live equipment to set specifications (3 phase, single phase, pneumatic and fluid power).
• Electrical and mechanical fault finding down to component level.
• Cosmetic/functional quality control.
• Recommending improvements to procedures and methods where deemed fit.
• Actively working as part of a team to overcome complex issues.
• Driving throughput of product to achieve deadlines and meet our customer requirements.
• Recording test data on Shop Floor Online software suite.
• Occasionally supporting the Product Groups in the development of new products
Skills & attributes:
SPTS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. For this role we are looking for someone who:
• Has previous experience as a Test Engineer or similar role with familiarity of electromechanical products.
• Can work to timescales and deadlines.
• Possesses excellent analytical and fault-finding skills, with the ability to utilise electrical and mechanical schematics to rectify faults and defects.
• Has the ability to work using their own initiative.
• Demonstrates strong communication – You’ll enjoy establishing and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues in your own and wider team.
• Can demonstrate great trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
• Is computer literate
• Can work to our current shift patterns of Monday to Friday 6am to 2pm (week 1) and 2pm to 10pm (week 2). A shift premium payment applies for any shifts worked.
Minimum of HNC / HND qualified in Electrical, Electronic Engineering or equivalent qualification
Exposure to or experience in a manufacturing and/or shop-floor environment. Clean room experience is desired, but not essential.
An Electrical background is required, with some mechanical and/or maintenance experience being advantageous.
Applicants who have prior experience within the semiconductor industry would be desirable but certainly not a must.
What we will offer you?
This position offers an excellent opportunity for Engineers who are looking to establish a career in a fast-growing, award-winning company with a clearly defined career development path.
SPTS’s benefits package includes:
Annual leave starting at 25 days (plus bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, cash health plan, cycle to work scheme, global bonus plan, share scheme, rewards scheme, life assurance, generous shift allowance and overtime premiums